Have you ever deleted an email in Outlook only to realize later that you still needed it? Or maybe you just want to clean up your inbox and permanently remove old emails. Whatever your reason may be, this guide will show you how to permanently delete emails from Outlook.
First, when you delete an email from Outlook, it is moved to the trash folder or deleted items folder. In some cases, it may stay there for 30 days before it is automatically deleted. However, if you want to delete it permanently, you can do so by following these steps.
1. Open Outlook and go to the inbox.
2. Find the email you want to delete and click on the delete items folder.
3. Click on the deleted email and select “Permanently Delete”. This will remove the email from the trash folder and permanently delete it.
But what if you want to delete the email from the Outlook server as well? You can do this by going to the “Recover Deleted Items from Server” option. Here’s how:
1. Click on the “Recover Deleted Items from Server” button.
2. Select the email(s) you want to delete permanently.
3. Click on “Permanently Delete” and confirm the action.
Once you’ve completed these steps, the email will be permanently removed from Outlook and the server.
It’s important to note that deleting emails permanently means that they cannot be recovered. So make sure you really do want to delete them before taking this action.
In conclusion, permanently deleting emails from Outlook is an easy process. Just follow the steps outlined above and you’ll be able to clean up your inbox and remove unwanted emails with ease.