If you have an LG TV that supports Apple HomeKit, you can control it with the Apple Home app and Siri voice control. In this guide, we’ll show you how to set up HomeKit on your LG TV running Web OS 6.
Before you begin, make sure your TV is connected to the same network as your Apple device and that you have the latest version of the Apple Home app. Then, follow these steps:
1. Go to the AirPlay settings on your TV or via the TV home dashboard. Select Airplay and HomeKit settings and choose “Set up kit.” A QR code will appear on your TV screen.
2. On your Apple device, open the Apple Home app and select “Add Accessory.” Scan the QR code on your TV screen. If scanning doesn’t work, select “This option here” and enter the code from the TV screen.
3. The TV is now added to Apple HomeKit. You can select a location for the TV, change the name of the TV and inputs, and see the TV on the home screen of the app.
4. Press the TV icon shortly to switch the TV off or on. Hold the icon for more options, like selecting the TV input or changing the settings.
5. You can also include the TV in a scene. For example, create a custom scene named “Watch Movie,” add the TV, and select that the TV should switch on and switch to the HDMI 1 input. Now, if you start this scene, the TV will switch on and switch to the HDMI input.
6. You can also control the TV with Siri voice assistant. For example, say “Hey Siri, switch off the TV” or “Hey Siri, watch movie” to start a scene.
If you have trouble controlling the TV with Apple HomeKit, make sure your Apple device is connected to the same network as your TV and that the TV software and Apple device software are up to date. Also, ensure that you have the latest version of the Apple Home app.
That’s how you can set up HomeKit on your LG TV. For more help, contact your local LG help desk.