Apple has claimed to have gotten rid of iTunes, but that is not entirely true. The company only wants users to switch to Apple Music instead. However, some people still prefer to buy songs rather than rent them through a streaming service. This is where iTunes comes in handy.
If you are using Catalina, Big Sur, or any version of Mac OS that comes after, you can still buy songs on iTunes. Here is how to do it:
1. Go to the Music app. You will see a radio and your playlists on the side, but that is not where you will find what you are looking for.
2. Click on the search bar and type in the name of the song you want to buy. For example, you can search for “Dream On” by Aerosmith.
3. Once you see the song in Apple Music, click on the three dots icon. Then, click on “Show in iTunes Store.”
4. You will now be in iTunes. If you want to try Apple Music, you can do so, but if not, just click the “x” and proceed to buy the individual song or the whole album.
5. When you buy a song, it will stay in your library, so you don’t have to worry about losing it. You can also search for any other songs or albums you want to buy.
6. To go back to the old iTunes Store, click on “Music” above the album. This will take you to the classic version of the iTunes Store where you can buy songs just like in the old days.
If you have any questions about buying music on iTunes, leave a comment below. And, sorry for the storm noise in the background; it’s raining hard outside!