It’s not uncommon these days to order DVDs from foreign countries, and eBay is a great place to do so. However, when you try to play these DVDs on your UK DVD player, you may encounter errors. The reason for this is that DVDs have region codes, and the DVD world is divided into six major geographical regions, with DVDs being embedded with the code of their respective regions. A DVD from one region can only be played on a DVD player with the same region code; otherwise, you will need to reset the region of your drive.
The good news is that there are a couple of ways to play American DVDs on a UK DVD player. The first method is to change the region code of your DVD player. If you have a DVD player that allows you to change the region code, then you can simply follow these steps:
1. Power on the DVD player
2. Open the DVD tray and don’t insert a DVD
3. Push the setup button on the remote and select preferences
4. Select region 0 (or 9) using the up and down button
However, once you have set the region in your DVD player five times, it will be locked to the left set region forever. This means that you can only change the region code of your DVD player five times before it becomes permanent.
The second method is to remove the DVD region code permanently by downloading software. Here are the steps:
1. Download the software and insert your DVD into the drive
2. Click the disk button and select your DVD
3. It will automatically ignore the DVD region
4. Then, select an output profile from the window. There are options to rip the DVD to Apple, Android, YouTube, and many more. Generally, you can rip the DVD to MP4.
5. Back to the main interface, select a folder to save the output file. You can check the safe mode to avoid any ripping error.
6. Then, just click the big run button to start. A few minutes later, you will get a region-free video file.
By following these steps, you can play American DVDs on your UK DVD player without any issues. The output video file is almost the same quality as the original DVD, but it’s region-free.
In conclusion, it’s easy to play American DVDs on a UK DVD player. You can either change the region code of your DVD player or remove the DVD region code permanently by using software. Either way, you can enjoy your American DVDs without any problems.