Are you tired of getting inundated with emails that you don’t want to deal with? Do you find yourself scrolling through your inbox, trying to find the emails that matter? If so, it’s time to learn how to organize your Yahoo Mail.
One solution is creating filters and folders. For example, if you receive emails from stores that send you coupons, but you don’t use the coupons all the time, you can create a folder and divert those emails to that folder using a filter. This allows you to do a mass delete at any time for a specific email that you receive, without having to go through and pick them out individually.
To create filters and folders in Yahoo Mail, follow these simple steps:
1. Create folders: Navigate to the bottom left side of your screen and choose “New Folder.” Type the name of the folder and hit enter. Continue creating folders until you have all the folders you want to work with.
2. Locate and open an incoming email that you want to filter: Copy the exact incoming address by highlighting the text and right-clicking to choose “Copy.”
3. Go to settings: In the top right corner of the screen, choose “Settings.” When the pop-up menu appears, scan your eye to the bottom of the menu and choose “More Settings.” Next, choose “Filters” located on the left side of the window.
4. Add new filters: In the box on the right, provide a name for the filter. Set the rules for the filter using the incoming email address you copied earlier. Choose “Contains” and paste the email in the space labeled “type a filter value.” Select the folder these emails will be moved to when they arrive in your inbox, and choose “Save.”
5. Move existing emails: Search for the emails that are already in your inbox and highlight the email address of that particular company or individual. Right-click on the text and choose “Copy” and paste it into the search box at the top. Yahoo will bring back a list of all the emails that meet the criteria. Click the top checkbox to select all the emails associated with the search, and click “Move” located at the top of the screen. Choose the folder you want to move these emails to, and all of the emails will be moved over to the folder.
By following these simple steps, you can easily organize your Yahoo Mail and save time in the long run. So why not give it a try?