If you have a PC or tablet with a small C drive, you may want to change where you store things to avoid getting into a critical situation. The good news is that you can easily change the location of where your files are saved, even your apps, to another hard drive or a plug-in SSD.
To do this, follow these simple steps:
1. Open Settings and go to System.
2. Click on Storage and select the drive you want to change the save location for.
3. Choose the types of files you want to move, such as apps, documents, pictures, and videos.
4. Select the new location you want to save them to and click Apply.
5. Open File Explorer on the new drive to make sure the files have been moved successfully.
6. If you have personal files, find the old location and move them to the new folder.
It’s important to note that you can’t move apps to a new location, but you can move your personal files. Once everything has been moved over correctly, you can delete the old folders to free up space.
By following these steps, you can easily change your location for saving your files, personal files, or even your apps to another hard drive or plug-in SSD. With this simple and easy method, you can better control your space and make the most out of your system.