If you’re interested in buying, selling, or trading cryptocurrencies, one of the first things you’ll need to do is create a Coinbase account. Coinbase is a popular platform that allows you to buy and sell cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and Litecoin.
To create a Coinbase account, simply follow these steps:
1. Go to coinbase.com and select “Sign Up” in the top right corner of the home page.
2. Choose whether you want an individual or business account, and then select “Get Started”.
3. Fill out your first and last name, email address, and create a secure password. Check off the box acknowledging your age and agreeing to the terms and conditions, and then click “Create Account”.
4. You’ll now be prompted to verify your email by clicking on the verification link sent to your inbox.
5. For added security, you’ll be prompted to set up your two-step verification by selecting the country you reside in and entering your mobile phone number. Then, select “Send Code”. Enter the seven-digit code sent to your text messages, and then click “Submit”.
6. Next, verify your country of citizenship and click “Submit”.
7. You now have the option to complete the identity verification process by filling out a form with your personal information, or you can choose to skip this step for now by selecting “Skip” in the top right.
8. The next required step is to add a payment method. Click “Continue” to select the institution you will be using for your payment method. You will then be redirected to your institution’s site to sign in, verify your identity, and confirm that you’d like to link this account. Coinbase will now link this account as your preferred payment method, which you can always update at a later time.
9. In order to trade crypto, you’ll want to finish verifying your info, which you can start at any time by clicking on “Verify Your Info”.
Creating a Coinbase account is a relatively simple process, and it’s a necessary step if you want to get involved in the world of cryptocurrencies. By following these steps, you’ll be well on your way to buying, selling, and trading digital currencies on the Coinbase platform.